We provide safe and immediate emergency accommodation in the homes of DBS checked and trained volunteer hosts, for 16 to 25 year olds. We complete face to face assessments, ensuring we fully understand needs and create an action plan. If we can’t accommodate, support is provided to find a suitable alternative. There is no charge for this service. Young people are taken to the host home by a volunteer driver and introduced to the host and return to the office after each nights stay to work with staff on their action plan. Drop In facilities are available for young people during the day. Staff support young people in work and education to continue with minimal disruption. We don’t place limits on the time we can accommodate young people; this is dependent on move on accommodation and host availability.
Young people are provided with:
- An action plan addressing immediate and longer term needs
- Clear guidance on the rules young people to follow when staying with a host
- Transport to and from the host home
- A private bedroom
- Bathing and laundry facilities
- Emotional and practical support
- Support to move on to longer term accommodation, or to return home where safe and appropriate
- Access to Hardship fund for essential items
- 24 hour on call support
- Access to learning and tenancy training
Do you have questions about Emergency Accommodation? Please contact us by clicking here.